Resident Rights


New Hope Board and Lodge 


You have the right to participate in social, religious, and community activities that do not interfere with the rights of other residents within the facility. 

You have the right to reside and receive services in the facility with reasonable accommodations of your needs and preferences. Except, when your health or safety (and other residents) would be endangered. 

You have the right to receive services from an outside provider and to purchase goods and services that are not included in the per diem rate from a supplier of your choice- unless otherwise provided by law. 

You have the right to have a health care directive and the right to formulate an advanced directive. 

You have the right designate an unrelated person to have status of your next of kin with respect to helping you make a health care decision. If you are unconscious, comatose, or unable to communicate- the facility must make reasonable efforts to notify a family member or an individual that you have designated. The family member/ individual has the right to participate in your treatment planning, as required by State Law. 

You have the right to refuse to follow the facility rules BUT if you refuse to follow the rules, we will quickly be informed of the likely consequences of your decision. A further discussion will include staff members of New Hope Board and Lodge and your Case Manager. 

You have the right to communicate with persons inside and outside of the facility during reasonable hours. 

You have the right to refuse the services provided by New Hope Board and Lodge. The services include: providing food (3 meals a day), a bed, and a dresser/closet for your belongings. You can bring your own bedding and clothing. (Other items that are allowed are indicated in the ‘house rules’-these items require a sign-up). 

You have the right to request certain food choices. **REQUEST does not mean automatic approval. 

The facility must consult with you when there has been an accident or injury involving you. A significant change in your physical, mental, or psychological status, or when a decision has been made to transfer or discharge you from the facility. The facility will contact your Case Manager, Probation Officer, and/or your Emergency Contact.